- improve publication reviewing process involving more reviewers, sharing of all related material for reproducibility, developing standards for fair and statistical evaluation , etc.
- involve ACM and encourage conferences/journals to promote sharing of related research material and validation of experimental results
- validate and rank shared research artifacts
- encourage validation and public implementation of already published techniques
- develop common repository for shared material including benchmarks, data sets, tools, models, etc.
- encourage companies to share tools and data
Monday, 10 February 2014
ADAPT'14 panel on reproducible research methodologies and new publication models
Finally, I found some time to add all slides from the ADAPT'14 panel on reproducible research methodologies and new publication models here: http://adapt-workshop.org/program.htm
I was very glad to see many participants and hot discussions on how to:
Though there is now yet unified way on the above problems, I was very glad to see active participation and hot discussions. In order to continue and systematize these discussions, I strongly encourage to submit (short position) papers on these topics to our 1st ACM SIGPLAN TRUST'14 workshop that will be co-located with PLDI'14 (June 12, Edinburgh, UK).
Posted by Grigori Fursin at 13:27